Better Planning Network is a state wide, volunteer-based not for profit organisation. Established in 2012 in response to proposed planning reforms that prefaced economic outcomes and are developer driven, today we have more than 400 groups in the BPN network.
Our aim is for a robust and visionary planning system for NSW - one that fosters best practice environmental, heritage, social sustainability and design outcomes.
We are not affiliated with any political party and recognise that:
- Community wellbeing (which goes beyond just economic growth) must be at the heart or our planning system.
- Community engagement in decision-making is essential at every stage of the planning process.
- Protecting our environment, natural and cultural heritage is fundamental to the wellbeing of our communities.
- Development must comply with evidenced-based strategic planning instruments.
- Infrastructure must go hand in hand with development.
- Minimising corruption must be a priority for our new planning system.
You can read our full platform here.
To contact us:
To become part of of the BPN network: