For an annual fee of $10 p.a., you can support us by becoming a Friend of BPN. As a Friend of BPN, you will receive priority invitations to our seminars, as well as updates about planning changes and our campaigns. Most importantly, you will make a concrete and much needed contribution that will help amplify the voice of local communities for a sustainable, liveable and resilient NSW.
More about the Better Planning Network:
The BPN is a statewide, volunteer-based, not-for-profit incorporated organisation. Our funding comes from donations and fees associated with membership/affiliation/BPN friendship status.
Established in 2012, we successfully fought against the then O’Farrell Government’s developer- driven planning changes. Today, our network comprises close to 100 community groups.
Our aim is to advocate for a visionary planning system for NSW - one that fosters best-practice environmental, heritage, social sustainability and design outcomes. To achieve this vision, we believe that NSW planning laws must be up-hauled in line with Planning for People: A Community Charter for Good Planning in NSW.
We are not affiliated with any political party and recognise that:
- Community wellbeing (which goes beyond just economic growth) must be at the heart or our planning system.
- Community engagement in decision-making is essential at every stage of the planning process.
- Protecting our environment, natural and cultural heritage is fundamental to the wellbeing of our communities.
- Development must comply with evidenced-based strategic planning instruments.
- Infrastructure must go hand in hand with development.
- Minimising corruption must be a priority for a new planning system.
Thank you for your support!